Simple ways to say, “Thank you”:
- Thank you notes are nice but it can be really fun to make a handmade note. Be creative and decorate it anyway that shows off your personality.
- How about a fun treat for someone you appreciate? Bake a giant cookie and write “You’re Sweet” with icing.
- Design a certificate for the “World’s Best Teacher” to say how much you value what they do for you.
- Do a chore around the house without even being asked. Your parents will be thrilled and it lets them know you don’t take them for granted.
- Even if you just say thank you to a stranger for an ordinary act such as holding the door, look that person in the eye and speak loud enough to be heard so they know you genuinely appreciate their thoughtfulness.
- Volunteer to collect items for the needy or sort cans at a food bank. Anytime you give or time to help your community, you are showing gratitude for what you have that others may not.
- Perform a random act of kindness. Need some inspiration? Check out what other kids are doing at TKO Helping Hands.